SUCCESSOR AGENCY/CALEXICO FINANCING AUTHORITY
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
City of Calexico
Fernando “Nene” Torres Council Chambers
608 Heber Avenue
Calexico, California 92231
Wednesday, November 16, 2016
Council Members City Manager
Luis J. Castro, Mayor/Chairman Armando G. Villa
Armando Real, Mayor Pro Tem/Vice Chair
Maritza Hurtado, Council Member Interim City Attorney
John M. Moreno, Council Member Carlos Campos
Joong S. Kim, Council Member
Gabriela T. Garcia
Next City Resolution Number: 2016-32
CLOSED SESSION AGENDA
CALL TO ORDER
(Not to Exceed 3 Minutes) This is the time for the public to address the City Council on Closed Session Items only. The Mayor will recognize you and when you come to the microphone, please state your name and place of residence for the record. While members of the public are encouraged to participate, it is unlawful to disturb or delay the Council meeting with personal or slanderous remarks. The City Council is prohibited by State law from taking action or discussing items not included on the printed agenda. Please direct your questions and comments to the City Council.
Adjourn to Closed Session.
A “Closed” Session of the City Council/Calexico Community Redevelopment Agency Successor Agency/ Calexico Financing Authority may be held in accordance with state law which may include, but is not limited to, the following types of items: personnel matters, labor negotiations, security matters, providing instructions to real property negotiators and conference with legal counsel regarding pending litigation. The Closed Session will be held in the City Hall Conference Room located at 608 Heber Avenue, Calexico, California. Any public comment on Closed Session items will be taken before the Closed Session. Any required announcements or discussion of Closed Session items or actions following the Closed Session will be made in the City Council Chambers, 608 Heber Avenue, Calexico, California.
1. CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS
Agency Representatives: Armando Villa, City Manager, Carlos Campos, City Attorney
Employee Organizations: Police Officers Association, Fire Fighters Association,
Supervisors Association, Certified Operators Association/SEIU Local 221.
(Govt. Code Section 54957.6).
2. CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL – EXISTING LITIGATION
Pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.9(d) (1)
Shaun Sundahl v. City of Calexico
Imperial County Superior Court, Case No. ECU08664
CALEXICO CITY COUNCIL/CALEXICO REDEVELOPMENT
SUCCESSOR AGENCY/CALEXICO FINANCING AUTHORITY
REGULAR SESSION AGENDA
CALL TO ORDER
Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance.
Closed Session Announcements.
Approval of the Agenda.
These proceedings may be viewed on the City of Calexico website at www.calexico.ca.gov the Friday following the City Council meeting.
3. Proclamation for “Farmworker Appreciation Week” – November 27, 2016 to December 3, 2016.
4. Presentation by City Attorney Regarding Implications of Proposition 64 Approval.
PUBLIC COMMENTS AND PUBLIC APPEARANCES
NOTE: (Not to Exceed 3 Minutes) This is the time for the public to address the City Council on any item not appearing on the agenda that is within the subject matter jurisdiction of the City Council. The Mayor will recognize you and when you come to the microphone, please state your name and place of residence for the record. While members of the public are encouraged to participate, it is unlawful to disturb or delay the Council meeting with personal or slanderous remarks. If the item you wish to comment on is a closed session or consent item, please comment now. The City Council is prohibited by State law from taking action or discussing items not included on the printed agenda. If the item you wish to comment on is on the public portion of the agenda, we will take your comment when we get to the item on the agenda. Please direct your questions and comments to the City Council.
CITY COUNCIL COMMENTS AND REPORTS OF MEETINGS ATTENDED
CITY MANAGER’S REPORT
All matters listed under the Consent Calendar are to be considered routine by the City Council/Calexico Community Redevelopment Agency Successor Agency or Calexico Financing Authority and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed. Any item may be removed from the Consent Calendar and considered separately by the City Council
5. Approval of City Council/Calexico Community Redevelopment Agency Successor Agency/Calexico Financing Authority Minutes for Meetings of October 12, 2016 and October 19, 2016.
6. Warrants from October 27th, 2016 to November 4th, 2016 and City Salaries & Benefits from October 15th, 2016 to October 28th, 2016.
7. Authorize Public Works Manager to Sign Change Order No. 1 with A&R Construction in the amount of $20,342.53 for the Relocation and Abandonment of Waterline on Birch Street (HWY 98).
8. Authorize the City Manager to Sign Agreement of Professional Servicers with West & Associates Engineering for the 2015 Urban Water Management Plan Update.
9. Award Bid Proposal from Avfuel Corporation for Jet-A and 100 Low Lead (LL) Avgas Aviation Fuel for Fiscal Year 2016-2019 for the Calexico International Airport.
10. Adopt Resolution approving the Annual report of the Calexico Business Improvement District and Declaring the Council’s Intention to Levy an Annual Assessment for the Calexico Business Improvement District for Calendar Year 2016 and Directing the City Manager to Schedule a Public Hearing for December 7, 2016 to Consider Levying the Assessment.
11. A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Calexico approving the Acceptance of the Transfer of 218 Sheridan Street (APN 058-295-001) from the Successor Agency to the Community Redevelopment Agency of the City of Calexico to the City of Calexico at No Cost and Approving Certain Related Actions.
ITEMS PULLED FROM CONSENT CALENDAR FOR DISCUSSION
DISCUSSION AND POTENTIAL ACTION ITEMS
12. Appointment by Mayor Pro Tem Real to the Calexico Personnel Commission.
13. Consideration on Salaries and Benefits Reduction for Council Members Consistent with Other Labor Units’ Letters of Understanding.
14. Consideration of Proceeding with Architectural Services and Conceptual Design for the Existing Calexico Fire Headquarters Station Project.
15. Discussion Pursuant to the Hearthstone Community Infrastructure Issues.
CALEXICO REDEVELOPMENT SUCCESSOR AGENCY
16. A Resolution of the Successor Agency to the Community Redevelopment Agency of the City of Calexico Approving the Transfer of 218 Sheridan Street (APN 058-295-001) to the City of Calexico at No Cost and Approving Certain Related Actions.
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
It is the intention of the City of Calexico to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act in all respects. If you are a person with a disability who requires a disability-related modification or accommodation in order to participate in a meeting, including auxiliary aids or services, please request such modification or accommodation from the City Clerk at (760) 768-2102. Notification at least 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to assure accessibility to the meeting. Please advise us at the time whether you will require accommodations to participate in meetings on a regular basis. Any person affected by any application on this agenda may submit their concerns in writing prior to the meeting or appear in person and be heard in support or opposition to the proposal at the time the matter is considered on the agenda. The staff reports, applications and environmental documents may be viewed at either the office of the office of the City Clerk, 608 Heber Avenue from 8:30 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday, except legal holidays. Telephone inquiries may be made at (760) 768-2102. If you challenge any agenda issue in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues that you or someone else raised at the public meeting described in this notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the City of Calexico at, or prior to, the public meeting.
This notice of the agenda is hereby certified to have been posted on or before 6:30 p.m., November 10, 2016.
Gabriela T. Garcia, City Clerk