CALEXICO CITY COUNCIL/CALEXICO REDEVELOPMENT
SUCCESSOR AGENCY/CALEXICO FINANCING AUTHORITY
SPECIAL MEETING AGENDA
City of Calexico
Fernando “Nene” Torres Council Chambers
608 Heber Avenue
Calexico, California 92231
Friday, August 4, 2017
Council Members City Manager
Maritza Hurtado, Mayor/Chairman Armando G. Villa
Lewis Pacheco, Mayor Pro Tem/Vice Chair
Jesus Eduardo Escobar, Council Member Interim City Attorney
Bill Hodge, Council Member Carlos Campos
Armando Real, Council Member
Gabriela T. Garcia
Next City Ordinance Number: 1179
Next City Resolution Number: 2017-22
CALL TO ORDER
Call to Order.
Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of the Agenda.
PUBLIC COMMENTS AND PUBLIC APPEARANCES
NOTE: (Not to Exceed 3 Minutes) This is the time for the public to address the City Council on the Special Agenda Items only. The Mayor will recognize you and when you come to the microphone, please state your name and place of residence for the record. While members of the public are encouraged to participate, it is unlawful to disturb or delay the Council meeting with personal or slanderous remarks. The City Council is prohibited by State law from taking action or discussing items not included on the printed agenda. Please direct your questions and comments to the City Council.
1. Application for Alcoholic Beverage License for AWSIM LLC, Donut Ave #5, 101 E. 3rd Street, Calexico, CA 92231.
2. Authorization for City Manager to Execute an Addendum Extending the Current Lease with the Mexican Consulate for Four (4) Months on the Property Located at 408 Heber Avenue, Calexico
3. Approval to Go Dark on the 2nd Meeting of August 16, 2017.
DISCUSSION AND POTENTIAL ACTION ITEMS
4. Designation of Voting Delegate and Alternates for the League of California Cities Annual Conference – September 13-15, 2017 in Sacramento, California.
5. Approval of Resolution of the City Council of the City of Calexico, California, Dedicating the Senior Citizens Center Hall in the Memory of Isabel “Chavelita” Wong and Hereby Naming the Hall as the Isabel “Chavelita” Wong Senior Citizens Hall at the Pleasure of the City Council and the Reading of Proclamation Honoring Mrs. Isabel “Chavelita” Wong for Her Work in the Community.
It is the intention of the City of Calexico to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act in all respects. If you are a person with a disability who requires a disability-related modification or accommodation in order to participate in a meeting, including auxiliary aids or services, please request such modification or accommodation from the City Clerk at (760) 768-2102. Notification at least 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to assure accessibility to the meeting. Please advise us at the time whether you will require accommodations to participate in meetings on a regular basis. Any person affected by any application on this agenda may submit their concerns in writing prior to the meeting or appear in person and be heard in support or opposition to the proposal at the time the matter is considered on the agenda. The staff reports, applications and environmental documents may be viewed at either the office of the office of the City Clerk, 608 Heber Avenue from 8:30 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday, except legal holidays. Telephone inquiries may be made at (760) 768-2102. If you challenge any agenda issue in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues that you or someone else raised at the public meeting described in this notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the City of Calexico at, or prior to, the public meeting.
This notice of the corrected agenda is hereby certified to have been posted on or before 2:30 p.m. on August 3, 2017.
Gabriela T. Garcia