(Agenda back-up documents are at the end of the page)
SUCCESSOR AGENCY/CALEXICO FINANCING AUTHORITY
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
City of Calexico
Fernando “Nene” Torres Council Chambers
608 Heber Avenue
Calexico, California 92231
Tuesday, January 5, 2016
Council Members Acting City Manager
Joong S. Kim, Mayor/Chairman Nick Fenley
Luis J. Castro, Mayor Pro Tem/Vice Chair
Armando Real, Councilman Interim City Attorney
Maritza Hurtado, Councilwoman Carlos Campos
John M. Moreno, Councilman
Gabriela T. Garcia
Next City Ordinance Number: 1168
Next City Resolution Number: 2016-01
(Not to Exceed 3 Minutes) This is the time for the public to address the City Council on Closed Session Items only. The Mayor will recognize you and when you come to the microphone, please state your name and place of residence for the record. While members of the public are encouraged to participate, it is unlawful to disturb or delay the Council meeting with personal or slanderous remarks. The City Council is prohibited by State law from taking action or discussing items not included on the printed agenda. Please direct your questions and comments to the City Council.
Title: Interim Chief of Police
(Govt. Code § 54957(b))
2. PUBLIC EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE EVALUATION
Title: Acting City Manager
(Govt. Code 54957(b))
SUCCESSOR AGENCY/CALEXICO FINANCING AUTHORITY
REGULAR SESSION AGENDA
Call to Order and Attendance.
Pledge of Allegiance.
Closed Session Announcements.
Approval of the Agenda.
These proceedings may be viewed on the City of Calexico website at www.calexico.ca.gov the Friday following the City Council meeting.
3. Proclamation for Mother’s & Men Against Gangs Coalition.
4. Presentation on Anti-Gang Awareness Family Health and Outreach Fair and 7.3K Run/1.73 Mile Walk by Mrs. Garza.
PUBLIC COMMENTS AND PUBLIC APPEARANCES
NOTE: (Not to Exceed 3 Minutes) This is the time for the public to address the City Council on any item not appearing on the agenda that is within the subject matter jurisdiction of the City Council. The Mayor will recognize you and when you come to the microphone, please state your name and place of residence for the record. While members of the public are encouraged to participate, it is unlawful to disturb or delay the Council meeting with personal or slanderous remarks. If the item you wish to comment on is a closed session or consent item, please comment now. The City Council is prohibited by State law from taking action or discussing items not included on the printed agenda. If the item you wish to comment on is on the public portion of the agenda, we will take your comment when we get to the item on the agenda. Please direct your questions and comments to the City Council.
CITY COUNCIL COMMENTS AND REPORTS OF MEETINGS ATTENDED
CITY MANAGER’S REPORT
All matters listed under the Consent Calendar are to be considered routine by the City Council/Calexico Community Redevelopment Agency Successor Agency or Calexico Financing Authority and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed. Any item may be removed from the Consent Calendar and considered separately by the City Council.
5. Approval of City Council/Calexico Community Redevelopment Agency Successor Agency/Calexico Financing Authority Minutes for Meetings of December 1, 2015, December 15, 2015, April 17, 2007, July 10, 2007, August 7, 2007 and March 26, 2007.
6. Warrants from December 1, 2015 to December 15, 2015 and City Salaries and Benefits from November 25, 2015 to December 10, 2015.
ITEMS REMOVED FROM CONSENT CALENDAR FOR DISCUSSION
DISCUSSION AND POTENTIAL ACTION ITEMS
7. Update on Fiscal Year 2014-2015 Financials.
8. Proposed Employment Agreement for Interim Chief of Police Between the City of Calexico and Reynaldo T. Gomez.
9. Second Reading and Adoption of Ordinance No. 1166 of the City Council of the City of Calexico Repealing Ordinance No. 1144 and Amending Section 2.02.110 and Chapter 2.07 of the Calexico Municipal City Code Regarding the Appointment Process and Duties of the City Clerk.
10. Introduce and Waive First Reading of an Ordinance of the City Council of the City of Calexico Amending Chapters 5.96 and 17.11 Prohibiting Medical Cannabis Dispensaries, Medical Cannabis Cultivation, and Medical Cannabis Delivery in the City.
11. Authorize the City Manager to Process Required Documentation that will Allow the Short Sale of the Property on Condition the City Receives a Payoff in an Amount to be Determined.
12. Authorize Acting City Manager to File Notice of Completion for Street Improvement Project Asphalt Rubber Composite Layer Overlay on Designated Streets 2015.
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
This notice of agenda is hereby certified to have been posted on or before 3:30 p.m. December 31, 2015.
Gabriela T. Garcia, City Clerk
Agenda Back-up Documents: