PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
Street Improvement Project Asphalt Rubber Composite Layer Overlay
on Designated Streets Project No. 2018-100
Addendum No. 1
February 1, 2018
This Addendum forms a part of the Contract Documents for the above identified projects and modifies the original specifications and plan as noted below. Portions of the contract not specifically mentioned in this Addendum, remain in force. All trades affected shall be fully advised of these changes, deletions, and additions.
1) Replace page 71 of specifications with attached page.
2) Replace pages 72-74 of specification with attached pages.
Responses to Questions:
1) What are the requirements for Railroad Insurance on Grant St.? Will the City pay for Railroad Flaggers if required?
Contractor must include railroad flaggers in traffic control unit price.
2) Item 13 is for 2,026 tons ARHM on Stop Points. Since the stop point area amounts to 11,507 SF (about 90 tons), will the City split out the ARHM for Stop Points from the Overall System 3 ARHM Paving?
The ARHM-GG (ASPHALT RUBBER HOT MIX) includes Stop points and the paving for designated streets (System III, Fourth St, Blair St, Third St and Grant St).
3) Can the City provide the concrete work breakdown for the streets on this project. The plans are not to scale, some dimensions are given and some are not. We need this to set up and stage the work on the various streets.
Please see attached sheet.
4) 3rd Street plans show the new centerline of the street to be 6" +/- lower than existing. How will the payment for the roadway excavation be handled for these removals?
The roadway excavation will be by grinding, payment will be calculated by square footage.
This Addendum was sent via fax. Please acknowledge receipt of this Addendum by signing and returning a faxed copy to 760/768-0992. Also include a copy of the Addendum in your proposal package.
Interim Public Works Manager