REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
City of Calexico
Fernando “Nene” Torres Council Chambers
608 Heber Avenue
Calexico, California 92231
Tuesday, May 3, 2016
Council Members Interim City Manager
Joong S. Kim, Mayor/Chairman Nick Fenley
Luis J. Castro, Mayor Pro Tem/Vice Chair
Armando Real, Councilman Interim City Attorney
Maritza Hurtado, Councilwoman Carlos Campos
John M. Moreno, Councilman
Gabriela T. Garcia
Next City Ordinance Number: 1170
Next City Resolution Number: 2016-07
CLOSED SESSION AGENDA
CALL TO ORDER
(Not to Exceed 3 Minutes) This is the time for the public to address the City Council on Closed Session Items only. The Mayor will recognize you and when you come to the microphone, please state your name and place of residence for the record. While members of the public are encouraged to participate, it is unlawful to disturb or delay the Council meeting with personal or slanderous remarks. The City Council is prohibited by State law from taking action or discussing items not included on the printed agenda. Please direct your questions and comments to the City Council.
Adjourn to Closed Session.
A “Closed” Session of the City Council/Calexico Community Redevelopment Agency Successor Agency/ Calexico Financing Authority may be held in accordance with state law which may include, but is not limited to, the following types of items: personnel matters, labor negotiations, security matters, providing instructions to real property negotiators and conference with legal counsel regarding pending litigation. The Closed Session will be held in the City Hall Conference Room located at 608 Heber Avenue, Calexico, California. Any public comment on Closed Session items will be taken before the Closed Session. Any required announcements or discussion of Closed Session items or actions following the Closed Session will be made in the City Council Chambers, 608 Heber Avenue, Calexico, California.
1. PUBLIC EMPLOYEE APPOINTMENT
Government Code 54957 (b)
Title: City Manager
2. CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL - EXISTING LITIGATION
Pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(1)
a. Stephen Frazier v. City of Calexico
b. Steven Garcia v. City of Calexico
c. German Duran v. City of Calexico
d. Frank Uriarte v. City of Calexico
e. Luis Casillas v. City of Calexico
f. Rudy Alarcon v. City of Calexico
g. Gabriel Rodriguez v. City of Calexico
CALEXICO CITY COUNCIL/CALEXICO REDEVELOPMENT
SUCCESSOR AGENCY/CALEXICO FINANCING AUTHORITY
REGULAR SESSION AGENDA
CALL TO ORDER
Call to Order and Attendance.
Pledge of Allegiance.
Closed Session Announcements.
Approval of the Agenda.
These proceedings may be viewed on the City of Calexico website at www.calexico.ca.gov the Friday following the City Council meeting.
3. Proclamation of National Public Works Week – May 15-21, 2016.
4. Proclamation of National Police Week – May 15-21, 2016.
PUBLIC COMMENTS AND PUBLIC APPEARANCES
NOTE: (Not to Exceed 3 Minutes) This is the time for the public to address the City Council on any item not appearing on the agenda that is within the subject matter jurisdiction of the City Council. The Mayor will recognize you and when you come to the microphone, please state your name and place of residence for the record. While members of the public are encouraged to participate, it is unlawful to disturb or delay the Council meeting with personal or slanderous remarks. If the item you wish to comment on is a closed session or consent item, please comment now. The City Council is prohibited by State law from taking action or discussing items not included on the printed agenda. If the item you wish to comment on is on the public portion of the agenda, we will take your comment when we get to the item on the agenda. Please direct your questions and comments to the City Council.
CITY COUNCIL COMMENTS AND REPORTS OF MEETINGS ATTENDED
CITY MANAGER’S REPORT
All matters listed under the Consent Calendar are to be considered routine by the City Council/Calexico Community Redevelopment Agency Successor Agency or Calexico Financing Authority and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed. Any item may be removed from the Consent Calendar and considered separately by the City Council.
5. Approval of City Council/Calexico Community Redevelopment Agency Successor Agency/Calexico Financing Authority Minutes for Meeting of April 19, 2016.
6. Warrants from March 31st to April 22nd 2016 & City Salaries & Benefits from April 1st to April 15th, 2016.
ITEMS REMOVED FROM CONSENT CALENDAR FOR DISCUSSION
DISCUSSION AND POTENTIAL ACTION ITEMS
7. Authorization to Execute a Lease Agreement with Valley Orthopaedic Clinic, Inc. 352 E. First St.
8. Authorization to Execute a Lease Agreement with Priscilla Sanchez Barajas dba Mexicali Rose located at 805 W. 2nd St., Calexico, CA 92231.
9. Authorize Interim City Manager to Sign and File Release of Lien for the Sherman Industrial Park.
10. Authorize Sidewalk Sale Two (2) Days per Week (Wednesday & Saturday).
11. Authorize the Implementation of a Pilot Program for the Non-Collection of Parking Meter Fees.
12. Approve the Following:
a. TDA Article 8(e) Application, Claim and Resolution for 17,580.00;
b. TDA Article 8(e) Application, Claim and Resolution for $25,000.00;
c. TDA Article 3 Application, Claim and Resolution for $33,444.000.
13. Adrian Cordova Park Project Update (Council Member Hurtado and Mayor Kim).
14. Release of Measure H Bond Funds in the amount of $ 2 Million Dollars for the Joint Swimming Pool Project between the City of Calexico and the Calexico Unified School District.
15. Appointments to the Charter Committee by Mayor Kim, Mayor Pro Tem Castro, Council Member Hurtado.
16. Update on New River Committee (Councilman Castro).
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
This notice of agenda is hereby certified to have been posted on or before 5:30 p.m. April 29, 2016.
Gabriela T. Garcia, City Clerk
Agenda Back-up Documents: