CALEXICO CITY COUNCIL/CALEXICO REDEVELOPMENT SUCCESSOR AGENCY/CALEXICO FINANCING AUTHORITY
City of Calexico
Fernando “Nene” Torres Council Chambers
608 Heber Avenue
Calexico, California 92231
Wednesday, December 7, 2016
Council Members City Manager
Luis J. Castro, Mayor/Chairman Armando G. Villa,
Armando Real, Mayor Pro Tem/Vice Chair City Manager
Maritza Hurtado, Council Member
John M. Moreno, Council Member Interim City Attorney
Joong S. Kim, Council Member Carlos Campos
Gabriela T. Garcia
Next City Ordinance Number: 1175
Next City Resolution Number: 2016-35
CALL TO ORDER
Call to Order
Presentation of Colors.
Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of the Agenda.
PUBLIC COMMENTS AND PUBLIC APPEARANCES
NOTE: (Not to Exceed 3 Minutes) This is the time for the public to address the City Council on any item not appearing on the agenda that is within the subject matter jurisdiction of the City Council. The Mayor will recognize you and when you come to the microphone, please state your name and place of residence for the record. While members of the public are encouraged to participate, it is unlawful to disturb or delay the Council meeting with personal or slanderous remarks. If the item you wish to comment on is a consent item, please comment now. The City Council is prohibited by State law from taking action or discussing items not included on the printed agenda. If the item you wish to comment on is on the public portion of the agenda, we will take your comment when we get to the item on the agenda. Please direct your questions and comments to the City Council.
CITY COUNCIL REORGANIZATION
2. Presentations to Outgoing Council Members.
* Comments by Outgoing Council Members.
3. Swearing In of Newly Elected Council Members by The Honorable Judge Poli Flores.
* Comments by New Council Members.
4. Appointment of Mayor/Chairman of the City of Calexico/Calexico Community Redevelopment Agency Successor Agency for the Year 2016-2017
5. Appointment of Mayor Pro Tem/Vice Chairman of the City of Calexico/Calexico Community Redevelopment Agency Successor Agency for the Year 2016-2017.
* Comments by Incoming Mayor and Mayor Pro Tem.
6. Public Hearing to Determine Whether There Exists a Majority Protest to Levying the Calendar Year 2017 Assessment for Calexico Business Improvement District. a) Adopt Resolution Assessing the Levy for the Calexico Business Improvement District for Calendar Year 2017.
It is the intention of the City of Calexico to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act in all respects. If you are a person with a disability who requires a disability-related modification or accommodation in order to participate in a meeting, including auxiliary aids or services, please request such modification or accommodation from the City Clerk at (760) 768-2102. Notification at least 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to assure accessibility to the meeting. Please advise us at the time whether you will require accommodations to participate in meetings on a regular basis. Any person affected by any application on this agenda may submit their concerns in writing prior to the meeting or appear in person and be heard in support or opposition to the proposal at the time the matter is considered on the agenda. The staff reports, applications and environmental documents may be viewed at either the office of the office of the City Clerk, 608 Heber Avenue from 8:30 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday, except legal holidays. Telephone inquiries may be made at (760) 768-2102. If you challenge any agenda issue in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues that you or someone else raised at the public meeting described in this notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the City of Calexico at, or prior to, the public meeting.
This notice of the agenda is hereby certified to have been posted on or before 4:30 p.m., December 7, 2016.
Gabriela T. Garcia, City Clerk