SUCCESSOR AGENCY/CALEXICO FINANCING AUTHORITY
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
City of Calexico
Fernando “Nene” Torres Council Chambers
608 Heber Avenue
Calexico, California 92231
Wednesday, January 11, 2017
Council Members City Manager
Armando Real, Mayor/Chairman Armando G. Villa
Maritza Hurtado, Mayor Pro Tem/Vice Chair
Lewis Pacheco, Council Member Interim City Attorney
Jesus Eduardo Escobar, Council Member Carlos Campos
Bill Hodge, Council Member
Gabriela T. Garcia
Next City Resolution Number: 2017-01
CALL TO ORDER
Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance.
Closed Session Announcements.
Approval of the Agenda.
These proceedings may be viewed on the City of Calexico website at www.calexico.ca.gov the Friday following the City Council meeting.
1. Welcome and Official Recognition of the Honorable Gustavo Sánchez Vásquez, Mayor of the City of Mexicali.
2. Signing of “Sisterhood Agreement” Reaffirming the City of Mexicali as Calexico’s "Sister City".
PUBLIC COMMENTS AND PUBLIC APPEARANCES
NOTE: (Not to Exceed 3 Minutes) This is the time for the public to address the City Council on any item not appearing on the agenda that is within the subject matter jurisdiction of the City Council. The Mayor will recognize you and when you come to the microphone, please state your name and place of residence for the record. While members of the public are encouraged to participate, it is unlawful to disturb or delay the Council meeting with personal or slanderous remarks. If the item you wish to comment on is a consent item, please comment now. The City Council is prohibited by State law from taking action or discussing items not included on the printed agenda. If the item you wish to comment on is on the public portion of the agenda, we will take your comment when we get to the item on the agenda. Please direct your questions and comments to the City Council.
CITY COUNCIL COMMENTS AND REPORTS OF MEETINGS ATTENDED
CITY MANAGER’S REPORT
All matters listed under the Consent Calendar are to be considered routine by the City Council/Calexico Community Redevelopment Agency Successor Agency or Calexico Financing Authority and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed. Any item may be removed from the Consent Calendar and considered separately by the City Council.
3. Approval of City Council/Calexico Community Redevelopment Agency Successor Agency/Calexico Financing Authority Minutes for Meetings of December 7, 2016 and December 21, 2016.
4. Warrants from December 9th to December 29th 2016 and City Salaries & Benefits from November 24th to December 9th 2016 and City Salaries & Benefits from December 10th to December 23rd 2016.
5. Resolution Approving and Adopting an Amended Conflict of Interest Code Pursuant to the Political Reform Act of 1974.
ITEMS PULLED FROM CONSENT CALENDAR FOR DISCUSSION
DISCUSSION AND POTENTIAL ACTION ITEMS
6. 2016-17 General Fund Midyear Budget Review and Proposed Budget Amendment.
7. First Reading of Amending Ordinance No. ____ An Ordinance of the City Council of the City of Calexico, California, Amending Calexico Municipal Code Section 5.98.040 to Allow One Off-Site Sale and Display of Vehicle (“Tent Sale”) Temporary Use Permit per Dealership per Calendar Year.
8. Discussion and Consideration on Expenditures Incurred by the City of Calexico on Day to Day Operations.
9. Appointment by City Council of a Resident Commissioner to the Calexico Housing Authority Board.
10. Appointment by Mayor and Council Members to the following Commissions/Boards/Committees:
a) Calexico Police Advisory Board
b) Arts Commission, Library Board, Historical Commission
c) Economic Development Commission and Financial Advisory Commission
d) Planning Commission
e) Parks, Recreation, Beautification, and Senior Services Commission
f) Business Improvement District (BID)
g) Sales Tax Citizen Advisory Committee (Measure H)
h) Abatement of Dangerous Buildings Board of Appeals
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
11. CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS
Agency Representatives: Armando Villa, City Manager, Carlos Campos, City Attorney
Employee Organizations: Police Officers Association, Fire Fighters Association, Supervisors Association, Certified Operators Association/SEIU Local 221 (Govt. Code Section 54957.6).
It is the intention of the City of Calexico to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act in all respects. If you are a person with a disability who requires a disability-related modification or accommodation in order to participate in a meeting, including auxiliary aids or services, please request such modification or accommodation from the City Clerk at (760) 768-2102. Notification at least 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to assure accessibility to the meeting. Please advise us at the time whether you will require accommodations to participate in meetings on a regular basis. Any person affected by any application on this agenda may submit their concerns in writing prior to the meeting or appear in person and be heard in support or opposition to the proposal at the time the matter is considered on the agenda. The staff reports, applications and environmental documents may be viewed at either the office of the office of the City Clerk, 608 Heber Avenue from 8:30 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday, except legal holidays. Telephone inquiries may be made at (760) 768-2102. If you challenge any agenda issue in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues that you or someone else raised at the public meeting described in this notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the City of Calexico at, or prior to, the public meeting.
This notice of the agenda is hereby certified to have been posted on or before 5:30 p.m., January 6, 2017.
Gabriela T. Garcia, City Clerk