SUCCESSOR AGENCY/CALEXICO FINANCING AUTHORITY
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
City of Calexico
Fernando “Nene” Torres Council Chambers
608 Heber Avenue
Calexico, California 92231
Tuesday, February 2, 2016
Council Members Acting City Manager
Joong S. Kim, Mayor/Chairman Nick Fenley
Luis J. Castro, Mayor Pro Tem/Vice Chair
Armando Real, Councilman Interim City Attorney
Maritza Hurtado, Councilwoman Carlos Campos
John M. Moreno, Councilman
Gabriela T. Garcia
Next City Ordinance Number: 1169
Next City Resolution Number: 2016-01
CALL TO ORDER
Call to Order and Attendance.
Pledge of Allegiance.
Closed Session Announcements.
Approval of the Agenda.
These proceedings may be viewed on the City of Calexico website at www.calexico.ca.gov the Friday following the City Council meeting.
1. Proclamation Honoring Clara Redona – Memory Trees for Loved Ones.
2. Proclamation Honoring Ramon Teran – Memory Trees for Loved Ones.
3. Presentation by Chief Reggie Gomez on Calexico Police Department.
PUBLIC COMMENTS AND PUBLIC APPEARANCES
NOTE: (Not to Exceed 3 Minutes) This is the time for the public to address the City Council on any item not appearing on the agenda that is within the subject matter jurisdiction of the City Council. The Mayor will recognize you and when you come to the microphone, please state your name and place of residence for the record. While members of the public are encouraged to participate, it is unlawful to disturb or delay the Council meeting with personal or slanderous remarks. If the item you wish to comment on is a closed session or consent item, please comment now. The City Council is prohibited by State law from taking action or discussing items not included on the printed agenda. If the item you wish to comment on is on the public portion of the agenda, we will take your comment when we get to the item on the agenda. Please direct your questions and comments to the City Council.
CITY COUNCIL COMMENTS AND REPORTS OF MEETINGS ATTENDED
CITY MANAGER’S REPORT
All matters listed under the Consent Calendar are to be considered routine by the City Council/Calexico Community Redevelopment Agency Successor Agency or Calexico Financing Authority and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed. Any item may be removed from the Consent Calendar and considered separately by the City Council.
4. Approval of City Council/Calexico Community Redevelopment Agency Successor Agency/Calexico Financing Authority Minutes for Meetings of January 19, 2016, May 19, 2011, July 12, 2011, November 22, 2011, July 2, 2010.
5. Warrants from January 1st to January 15th 2016 and City Salaries and Benefits from December 24, 2015 to January 7, 2016.
ITEMS REMOVED FROM CONSENT CALENDAR FOR DISCUSSION
DISCUSSION AND POTENTIAL ACTION ITEMS
6. Authorize the City Manager to Sign an MOU with Imperial County Office of Education for Participation in Project ESCALATE.
7. Appointment of Delegate Member and Alternate Member to the Southern California Association of Governments (SCAG) Regional Conference and General Assembly Conference, May 5-6, 2016 in La Quinta, California.
8. Approval of Memorandum of Agreement for Sexual Assault Response (SART) Services between Pioneers Memorial Healthcare District and the City of Calexico.
CALEXICO REDEVELOPMENT SUCCESSOR AGENCY
9. Resolution of the Board of Directors of the Successor Agency to the Calexico Community Redevelopment Agency Approving the Recognized Obligation Payment Schedule 16-17 A & B for the Period of July 2016 Through June 2017 and Approving Certain Related Actions
10. Discussion on Calexico Redevelopment Successor Agency Budgets from 2012 to the Present.
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
This notice of agenda is hereby certified to have been posted on or before 8:00 p.m. January 28, 2016.
Gabriela T. Garcia, City Clerk
Agenda Back-up Documents: